We at First United Methodist care about members. Please be sure to let us know if you, or any other member, are in the hospital. You can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (225) 383-4777.
For Pastoral Care emergencies after hours, call the church office (225) 383-4777 and when prompted, press #4.
On-going Ministries and Small Groups:
- Care Team – Writing – write notes of encouragement and support to those in need
- Congregational Care – show the love of Christ in our community by: bringing communion to the homebound and delivering flowers
- Knitting the Threads of God’s Love: Prayer Shawl Ministry – create items that are given to those in times of need
- Prayer Ministry – pray for those in need of comfort and healing
- Visitation Ministry – visit those members of our congregation who may be hospitalized or live in a retirement community or nursing home