Small Groups beginning January 2020
- Sundays 9:45 AM
-Led by Marianne Hebert, childcare is available
- Sundays 11 AM
-Led by Jen Rossnagel, nursery care is available
- Sundays 5:30 PM
-Led by Stuart Gilly, childcare is available
- Mondays 7:30 AM
-Led by Cliff Miller, no childcare
- Wednesdays 5:30 PM
-Led by Karen Milioto, nursery care is available
For more information or to register for these new January small groups please contact Karen Milioto, Director of Small Group Ministries at email@example.com or 383-4777, ext. 224.
- Tuesdays, begins January 7, 2020
- Ongoing, 11:45 – 12:30 AM
- Location: FUMC Spiritual Formation Center, Second Floor
- Facilitated by Margaret Johnson
Coffee Club for Moms
- 8:30 – 10:00 AM
- Location: 3rd Floor – Joe Dean Gym
- Facilitated by Karen Milioto and Karen Styron
Take a mid-week break and join other moms for prayer, coffee, community, and casual conversation.
- Wednesdays, begins January 8, 2020
- 6:00 – 8:00 PM, 13 weeks
- Location: Chapel Building, Room 109
- Facilitated by Amanda Lyons and a team of caring people who have been there and understand.
DivorceCare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. Don’t go through separation or divorce alone.
Drop-In Christian Conversations
- Noon – 1:00 PM
- Location: Main Street Market, Fifth and Main
- Facilitated by Rev. Brady
The drop-In Christian conversation is based on “The Good and Beautiful God” by James Bryan Smith. Bring your lunch or buy one from one of the vendors at the Main Street Market. Join in the fellowship and discussion any Wednesday.
The Epic of Eden
- Sunday evenings, 5:30–7:00 p.m
- January 5, 2020 – March 1, 2020 and March 22, 2020 – April 5, 2020
- Location: Room 107
- Facilitated by Rev. Jane Riecke
If you’ve ever wondered how the Old Testament and the New Testament connect, join Reverend Jane in studying The Epic of Eden by Sandra Richter. This study will open your eyes to the full story of salvation in ways you never knew were possible. Books for this study are available on Amazon. To register email Rev. Jane.
- Sundays, 13 weeks beginning January 12, 2020
- 2:00 – 4:00 PM
- Location: Adult Building Room 106
- Facilitated by Dottie Frazzini
GriefShare seminars and support groups are led by people who understand what you are going through and want to help. You’ll gain access to valuable GriefShare resources to help you recover from your loss and look forward to rebuilding your life.
Visit our church’s Griefshare page to register:
The Good and Beautiful Community
- Thursdays, from 10:15 am – 1:45 pm
- January 23, 2020 – March 19, 2020
- Facilitated by Terry Preis
If you are looking for ways to be in community with others, Terry Preis will be offering The Good and Beautiful Community by James Bryan Smith. This book is the third in the Apprentice Series and “helps us to know how to live in relationship with others as apprentices of Jesus.” Register by emailing Terry Preis. Books are available on Amazon.
Renovaré Book Club
- 2nd Friday of every month, begins October 4th
- 12:00 PM
- Location: McKenzie Library
- Facilitated by Dr. Natasha Whitton
Richard Foster once wrote, “It is a wonder to me how God uses squiggles on paper to do his work in the hearts and minds of people.”
The Renovaré book club is excited to kick off another year of books that they believe do just that. Join this small group and explore four great books along with specialized study guides, essays, and podcasts to help us engage most fruitfully with the “squiggles.”
2019 – 2020 Books Include:
- Session 1: October 14 – November 30th. Fearfully and Wonderfully: The Marvel of Bearing God’s Image, by Philip Yancey & Paul Brand. Facilitated by Philip Yancey
- Session 2: December 2nd – February 1st. Doors Into Prayer: An Invitation, by Emilie Griffin. Facilitated by Emilie Griffin.
- Session 3: February 3rd – March 21st. Interior Castle: Christian Classics Edition, by Teresa Avila. Facilitated by Mimi Dixon
- Session 4: March 23rd – May 16th. Life without Lack: Living in the Fullness of Psalm 23, by Dallas Willard. Facilitated by Rebecca Willard and Larry Burtoft.
Young Women’s Bible Study and Spirituality Group
- Ongoing, 6:00-7:30 PM
- Location: Mary Rotenberg’s Home
- Facilitated by Mary Rotenberg
If you are from the ages of 25-35; single, married, or married with babies, this group is for you. It’s ecumenical by design and spiritual in context. Dinner is offered each week. If you are interested please email Mary Rotenberg.