Consider Jesus – An Advent Study
- Wednesdays in December
- 1:00 – 2:00 PM
- The Center for Spiritual Formation
- Facilitated by Terry Preis
“Therefore, holy brothers, you who share in a heavenly calling, consider Jesus, the apostle and high priest of our confession, Who was faithful to Him Who appointed him.” (paraphrase from Hebrews 3:1-2)
“Pause and think of Him. Ponder and focus upon Him. Praise and contemplate Him – this One Who is to be counted worthy of all glory, much as “the builder of a house has more honor than the house itself”.(Hebrews 3:3)
“How fitting that we’d come across this exhortation at a time of year when the “house” is being prepared for Him. The lights, the tree, the candles, the candy tins, even the dishes and hand towels – they all say Christmas.” Consider Jesus – the Architect and Designer of the season”
Consider Jesus, by Nancy Demoss Wolgemuth.
Coffee Club for Moms
- 8:30 – 10:00 AM
- Location: 3rd Floor – Joe Dean Gym
- Facilitated by Karen Milioto and Karen Styron
Take a mid-week break and join other moms for prayer, coffee, community, and casual conversation.
Renovaré Book Club
- 2nd Friday of every month, begins October 4th
- 12:00 PM
- Location: McKenzie Library
- Facilitated by Dr. Natasha Whitton
Richard Foster once wrote, “It is a wonder to me how God uses squiggles on paper to do his work in the hearts and minds of people.”
The Renovaré book club is excited to kick off another year of books that they believe do just that. Join this small group and explore four great books along with specialized study guides, essays, and podcasts to help us engage most fruitfully with the “squiggles.”
2019 – 2020 Books Include:
- Session 1: October 14 – November 30th. Fearfully and Wonderfully: The Marvel of Bearing God’s Image, by Philip Yancey & Paul Brand. Facilitated by Philip Yancey
- Session 2: December 2nd – February 1st. Doors Into Prayer: An Invitation, by Emilie Griffin. Facilitated by Emilie Griffin.
- Session 3: February 3rd – March 21st. Interior Castle: Christian Classics Edition, by Teresa Avila. Facilitated by Mimi Dixon
- Session 4: March 23rd – May 16th. Life without Lack: Living in the Fullness of Psalm 23, by Dallas Willard. Facilitated by Rebecca Willard and Larry Burtoft.
Drop-In Christian Conversations
- Noon – 1:00 PM
- Location: Main Street Market, Fifth and Main
- Facilitated by Rev. Brady
The drop-In Christian conversation is based on “The Good and Beautiful God” by James Bryan Smith. Bring your lunch or buy one from one of the vendors at the Main Street Market. Join in the fellowship and discussion any Wednesday.
- Wednesdays, begins January 8th
- 6:00 – 8:00 PM, 13 weeks
- Location: Chapel Building, Room 109
- Facilitated by Amanda Lyons and a team of caring people who have been there and understand.
DivorceCare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. Don’t go through separation or divorce alone.
Young Women’s Bible Study and Spirituality Group
- Wednesdays, begins August 21
- Ongoing, 6:00-7:30 PM
- Location: Mary Rotenberg’s Home
- Facilitated by Mary Rotenberg
If you are from the ages of 25-35; single, married, or married with babies, this group is for you. It’s ecumenical by design and spiritual in context. Dinner is offered each week. If you are interested please email Mary Rotenberg.
- Sundays, 13 weeks beginning January 12th
- 2:00 – 4:00 PM
- Location: Adult Building Room 106
- Facilitated by Dottie Frazzini
GriefShare seminars and support groups are led by people who understand what you are going through and want to help. You’ll gain access to valuable GriefShare resources to help you recover from your loss and look forward to rebuilding your life.
Visit our church’s Griefshare page to register:
- Tuesdays, begins September 3rd
- Ongoing, 11:45 – 12:30 AM
- Location: FUMC Spiritual Formation Center, Second Floor
- Facilitated by Margaret Johnson