Follow the onscreen instructions to make a onetime donation payment. In the comments section, please type the name of your class or special event.
Set-up Recurring Payment
Set-up a recurring gift from your personal bank account, debit or credit card.
This service is convenient and completely secure.
Make A One-Time Gift
Make a one-time donation or payment.
You can now mange your giving conveniently from your smartphone! Download and install the Shelby Next Giving App. Search by organization name (First United Methodist Church) and/or by zip code (70802) and select FUMC from the list. Next follow the instructions to create your donor profile. You are now able to:
- Choose the amount and frequency of your gift
- Give to a specific budget (general funds, missions, etc.)
- Make a one time donation
- Pay for classes and special events (to pay for classes or events please type the name of the class or event in the “Other Comments” section of the giving form)
We believe generosity is a spiritual practice that recognizes that everything we have is God’s, and we are simply managing those resources while here on earth. Through the giving of our financial resources we learn to rely less on ourselves and more on God. As our trust in God grows, we begin to see our use of money as a way to deepen our relationship with God. Our gifts demonstrate in a tangible way our love for God and our neighbor.
We ask you to prayerfully plan how you will “live the commitment” in 2018 and are asking each household to complete an Estimate of Giving Card. To assist you in this process, click below to view:
- A Living the Commitment brochure for more information about our 2018 Generosity Renewal Emphasis.
- A Living the Commitment chart that shows a breakdown of our congregation’s annual giving patterns for 2017. On the reverse side of the Step Chart is a monthly giving grid designed to help you make your plan about the size of step you are willing and able to make. For some, this will mean contributing regularly for the first time. For others, it will mean increasing their giving amount by a certain percentage. However, please be assured that EACH AND EVERY step is a worthy and valuable one!
2018 ESTIMATE OF GIVING ONLINE CARD
Click on the card above to fill out your Estimate of Giving Card electronically.
- Annual Giving provides resources for our ministry and mission.
- Capital Campaign Giving provides for building projects.
- Special Offerings support projects addressing critical needs and transforming communities.
- Legacy Giving, through the Hebrews 11 Society, supports the future needs of our church’s ministry and mission. A legacy gift is distinct from regular giving to the church and can take many forms:
A bequest in your will.
A gift of real estate.
Naming the church as a beneficiary to your life insurance or retirement plan.
The creation of a gift annuity.
If you would like to more information about legacy giving please contact Rev. Brady Whitton at firstname.lastname@example.org or Bill Potter, Chair of First United Methodist Church’s Endowment Committee, at email@example.com.