Getting to Know Each Other
We are a community of people helping each other grow in love of God, ourselves and others and we’re passionate about inviting your family to be a part of ours.
OUR MISSION» making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world
OUR STRATEGY» going and finding those seeking God but not connected to the Church, and invite them to know God by following Jesus
OUR MEASURE» Love^3: people are growing in their love of God, themselves and others (it’s how we’ll know we’re achieving our mission)
What does this mean for you? Most importantly, you’re always welcome at First Methodist. We’re saving a seat for you. Wherever you’re at in your faith journey, you’ll always be accepted as part of the First Methodist family. Below you will find information about our online and in-person Sunday worship services and Sunday School.
Sunday Morning Worship Onsite
We’ve missed you and we’re excited about worshiping together under the same roof! Here’s what to expect:
• RESERVATIONS are required and can be made using the button below.
• MASKS are also required for those ages 2 and up.
• NURSERY for ages 6 weeks-Kindergarten will be available for all three services. We love and encourage children to attend service with their parents. Your wiggly, squiggly, boisterous, talkative, curious (and even crying) children are always welcome! We also understand if you need some “grown-up” time during worship.
• We will continue to remain vigilant and take precautions in coming together: hand-sanitizing will be required, physical-distancing observed, surfaces disinfected, etc.
Here Are Some Details About Sundays at First
Sunday Morning Worship Online
We understand if you are not ready or unable to join us in-person, so we want to make your online worship experience as meaningful and interactive as possible. Our worship hosts are available to greet you, pray with you, help you find the worship notes or just help you feel a little more at home, while worshipping with us from home. You can join us for Sunday worship using the buttons below:
Sanctuary Services begin at 8:30 and 11:00 am
The America Street Service begins at 9:45 am
Sunday School In-Person
In-person Sunday School for all ages meets from 9:45– 10:40 am. In order to have a safe return, the following guidelines are in place:
• All participants must register using the button below – class sizes are limited to ensure safe distancing.
• All participants over age 2 will need to wear a mask – masks are available at each entrance
• Use hand sanitizer upon entering.
• No communal food or beverages.
• For those staying for Sunday School following 8:30 am worship, please go to your classroom; children and youth will go to their check in areas, then directly to their respective areas.
• For those attending America Street Worship, please go to the gym upon entering.
• For those staying for 11:00 am worship following Sunday School, please go directly to the sanctuary for the service.
• Chairs and seating arrangements are spaced out as far as possible to maintain social distancing.
• Nursery – 6th grade in the Conference Center
• 7th – 12th grades in the third floor of the Youth Building
• Adults checked in upon entering the building
ROOMS & BUILDINGS
• Nursery aged students are in the Children’s Building (25 max)
• 1st – 3rd graders are in the Sanctuary Building in the Children’s Worship area (25 max)
• 4th- 5th graders are in the Oasis on the 3rd floor of the Chapel Building (25 max)
• 6th grade /Confirmation are in the 2nd floor of the youth building (20 max)
• 7th – 12 graders 3rd floor of the Youth Building in the Joe Dean Court (40 max)
• Adult Sunday School classes will be assigned a room based on your size to allow for proper physical distancing. Adult classes and small groups please contact Karen Milioto, Director of Adult Discipleship & Spiritual Formation, to reserve a space or with questions.
Sunday School Online
Remember, if you’re not ready or able to come back yet, you shouldn’t feel any pressure or obligation to be in the building. Online classes and worship will continue. For information about joining an online Sunday School class:
• Adult Sunday School, email Karen Milioto, Director of Adult Discipleship & Spiritual Formation.
• Youth Sunday School, email Kale Wetekamm, Director of Youth Ministry.
• Preteen Sunday School & Confirmation Class, email Taylor Bacon, Director of Preteen Ministry.
• Children’s Sunday School, email Sirena Brock, Director of Children’s Ministry.
Don’t miss a thing!
Hit subscribe to stay in the know about what’s going on week-to-week at First United Methodist Church.