A Bead And A Prayer Workshop & Retreat
with author, speaker Rev. Kristen E. Vincent
Friday, April 13, 2018 | 5:00-8:00 PM at FUMC
Saturday, April 14, 2018 | 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM at FUMC
Cost: $40| Facilitated by Vicki Kellum and Kay Martin
Bead and a Prayer will center us in Scripture and introduce us to Protestant prayer beads as a means of grace; a tool for connecting with God and prayer for others. The cost includes meals and prayer beads. Registration and payment deadline April 6.
Pay for your retreat/workshop using our convenient and secure online payment option.
1. Click the “Pay Now” button, then select “Quick Give.”
2. Choose “Special Events” from the drop-down menu.
3. In the Comments Section type the name of the retreat or workshop you are registering for.
THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL
If you would like to be placed on a list to be notified about the next workshop they can email Rev. Becky Poor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, April 27 | 6:00 PM–9:30 PM. Join us for supper from 5:00-6:00 PM.
Saturday, April 28 | 8:30 AM–5:30 PM. Join us for a light breakfast from 7:30-8:30 AM and lunch will be provided by Jason’s Deli.
PROFESSIONAL WORKSHOP FACILITATORS
Patt Aptaker, Ph.D., Steven Bordelon, LCSW, Dee Adams, Ph.D., LPC, LMFT, Michael Cascio, LCSW, and Debbie Wray, LCSW (all trained and/or certified in Emotionally Focused Therapy.)
INVEST IN YOUR FUTURE TOGETHER
The best time to work on your relationship is when it is going well! This educational workshop will create a change in your relationship that can improve communication, intimacy and connection. We respect your privacy. The workshop is designed so that you will have personal time to have private conversations with your partner. You are NOT expected to share personal details with others.
- STOP repeating the same argument over and over
- UNDERSTAND your partner and yourself better
- ENHANCE safety, deeper connections and intimacy
- Based on Dr. Sue Johnson’s book “Hold Me Tight” and “Emotionally Focused Therapy,” the most effective, researched couples counseling
WE RESPECT YOUR PRIVACY! The workshop is designed so that you will have personal time to have private conversations with your partner. You are NOT expected to share personal details with others.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
Cost:$300/couple. After you register, you will receive a confirmation message with the option to pay online:
- Click the “Pay Now” button in your confirmation message or the button below.
- Click on “Quick Give” to fill in your payment information, choose “Special Events” from the dropdown menu.
- Please make sure you type “MARRIAGE WORKSHOP” into the “Other Comments” section.
Checks can be dropped off in the church office, made payable to FUMC and please include “marriage workshop” in the memo line. Questions? Contact Dr. Patt Aptaker at 225-929-9030. Katie Gibbons would also love to talk with you about the Marriage Ministry at FUMC! Call her at 225-413-2900 or email email@example.com.